Thursday, May 30, 2013

Of Happenings...

Since it's been so long since our last post, I thought I'd just give you an update on *a few* of the things we've been up to lately...


Speak FIRST's chapter showcase...


Daddy, Joanna, Jessica, and I went to the VA Republican Convention on May 18.  It was exciting to be with so many passionate conservatives and have a choice between the best of many goods instead of the better of two evils.  We also enjoyed seeing friends including some we met at Take Back the Land.

There were around 8,000 delegates.  Ken Cucinelli was nominated to run for Governor!!!!!!!!  Mark Obenshain for Attorney General, and E.W. Jackson for Lt. Governor.








Another highlight of... April was spending time with part of the M. family.  We've gotten to know them at Bible Bee Nationals and got to host them over a weekend when they came to see DC.  Among many other things, we enjoyed lots of music with them. :)




Daddy even got out his washtub base!


We've had another band in our house lately...





A couple weeks ago Joanna and I drove a few hours to pick up a good friend of ours.  She's lived in Africa since we were ten and now at college in NY, so it was good to have time with her.  She spent the night and part of the next day before we took her to the airport.  She's an art major, so Jeannine and Julia had fun drawing with her :)


Another opportunity we had was to host Val Shepard, the daughter of Jim and Elizabeth Elliot!  This was an unexpected opportunity, but a such a treat and blessing!  She spoke at a nearby church and spent the night with us.  Her testimony was very encouraging, and we enjoyed hearing her stories of growing up in Equador.  We also enjoyed getting to know Anna, the sweet girl who drove Mrs. Shepard around while in VA.  Anna became another sister for the time she was here. :) 
Watch Mrs. Shepard's testimony HERE.  





Several weeks ago Jeannine and Julia caught LOTS of tadpoles and "raised" them in a bucket until the they decided it was time to send them home. :)


I have more to post, but I'll leave you with that for now.
~Janelle

No comments: