Saturday, April 20, 2013

Starting to Catch Up

Wow.  We haven't posted since February, but that's NOT because nothing was going on.  Actually, the past month (March 8-April 6) has probably been the busiest our family has ever had.  We've been busy in the sense that we've not just been going to events, but planning/running/helping with/leading almost all of them.

March 8-9: Take Back the Land conference
March 14: Bontrager concert (and Jessica's birthday!)
March 22-23: Flood the Five ICC speech training event
April 2-5: CollegePlus! student gathering (all we did for this one was bake the bread and provide transportation)
April 5-6: Answers in Genesis conference (we just attended this)
April 6: Titus 2 seminar at our church

We were blessed to have people staying in our house three weekends in a row.  It really is such a blessing, and we can get to know people at a much deeper level.

In this post, I'll just cover the Take Back the Land conference.  I can't possibly cover all the ways God answered prayers and blessed this event, but I'll share a bit.

For one thing, we learned A LOT.  Janelle and I (Joanna) did most of the planning, and Jessica helped us a lot and did lots of work on the Take Back the Land website.  There's only been one previous TBL conference, so we had to work out many of the details from scratch.  We learned a lot about communication, in our own family as well as with others, about finding, reserving, and working with venues, and about countless other things.  I know that we learned many things that we don't even realize we learned.

I'm sorry these pictures aren't the greatest, but it's what we got.

Rick Boyer
Rick Boyer Jr.

Jeannine and Abbie helping with the little kids

We had a fabulous filming crew!
...who also interviewed people...




book tables (Julia helped; she was so excited to be "staff")

Here's a picture of our team.  Notice that the vast majority are under 18!

playing games with "Uncle Rick"
We only had one vacuum and two mops, so some of us got to play while others finished cleaning up.

This post doesn't do justice to the event, but I want to get to our other activities of the month.
~Joanna

No comments: