Another thing we did for the new school year was to make a new chore schedule. This was a hard thing to do, because the one we had used before was amazingly organized for daily variation in meal making, laundry, dishes, etc. The only downfall was that it only worked for three people (Joanna, Jessica, and I), so we really needed to incorporate Jason, Jeannine, and Julia more. After much deliberation, we finally realized we have to try a completely different approach, so we moved to the week-by-week approach for J1-J4. The rotations are: 1. laundry 3x a week 2. unload d.w. 2x daily 3. clean up around house and empty kitchen trash. 4. load d.w. 2x daily. Jeannine and Julia empty trash upstairs, unload silverware, set table, and a few others that I don't remember. One thing I've noticed about chores over the years is that with "a lot" of siblings the work load lightens as they grow more capable of taking on more chores. :)
Jason has his own way of doing dishes :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
cute picture of Julia eating a hogie
Saturday we mainly just sat around visiting and playing games. Some of the group went swimming in the back yard pool. Joanna and I walked over to our grandparents house (just down the street) and spent some time with them. On Sunday we went to church, had a nice meal at Nana and Grandpa's house, and then drove home. It was a short but fun filled weekend.
Playing Mad Gab. (I thought this looked almost like those pictures on the backs of games that show everyone so excited to play - almost)
----------------------------------------------------------
The Wednesday before we went to Pittsburgh Daddy took Joanna and I to the DMV and we got our learner's permits! Thankfully we both passed the test the first time. holding our temporary permits - they had to mail us the actual ones
No comments:
Post a Comment