Saturday, June 1, 2013

CollegePlus! Student Gathering


Mt. Vernon
       In early April (sorry this is so late), a local friend of ours hosted about 20 CollegePlus students at her house for a week.   These students came from all over the country, including California, Minnesota, Louisiana, and many other places.  The students ranged in age from 16 to 20.  The 16 year-old is graduating from high school and college at the same time this spring!  Janelle and I spent much of the week with these fellow CPers.  We took a hike, played games, visited Mt. Vernon, and toured D.C. while making new friends.  Jessica joined us for the trip to D.C.


Korean War Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
It was fun and encouraging to spend time with others who share the same out-of-the-box college experience. :)

~Joanna

2 comments:

Jordan Strang said...

Hi there... My name is Jordan Strang. I know about you guys from doing the Bible Bee (I was at 2012 Nats) As well as being in the same study group over the winter as Jessica... I stumbled across your blog because I noticed your profile picture was in front of Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach, OR. (Or at least I think it was!) My family lives right outside of Portland so I'd never mistake that rock!

I hope to meet your family at Nats this yer!
God bless!

The Grove Family said...

Hi Jordan!
I do hope we can meet at Nationals this year! The 1 John study was great.
Yup! That is Haystack Rock. Oregon/Washington is so pretty! We have family who live up there, so that's why we got to visit.
Blessings,
Jessica