Saturday, June 16, 2012

Graduation X2 2X!!


On June 2nd, Janelle and I graduated from high school in a small ceremony with our friend Mary Elizabeth who we have done school activities with since Kindergarden.  

The week before the ceremony, we got together with Mary Elizabeth to write Bible verses on the tablecloths and on banners to hang on the walls.  We really wanted the whole thing to be focused on the Lord's goodness.  





Mary Elizabeth and her sister made and
decorated the cakes. 
During the graduation, Mary Elizabeth danced, and Janelle and I played two duets.
Pachelbel's Canon 
Wedding Day at Troldhaugen 
We did not feel like keeping this tradition (caps and gowns), but certain people reminded us that a graduation is not about the graduates, and we enjoyed it after we got over feeling rather ridiculus.  

We gave our parents diplomas to recognize their hard work.

Each of the graduates gave a short speech.  Mary Elizabeth encouraged the fathers, Janelle encouraged the mothers, and I encouraged the students.  

Afterwards, we had a dinner reception and played slideshows of pictures from our lives.  

Mrs. Scott, our science teacher for five years.  We love you.

     On June 9th, Janelle and I graduated again at the Virginia homeschool convention in Richmond.  Our grandparents came down from Pittsburgh for this one.  Almost 200 graduates participated from all over the state.  The number of graduates made for an extremely different experience than the previous week's graduation.  Both were good, but our family has decided that the rest of our siblings will not have to graduate at HEAV.  
the map of this year's graduates
group shot
our grandparents
our teachers

Thank you for teaching us the whole way!
We are SOOO thankful!
~Joanna

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations, Joanna and Janelle! I'm so glad you could celebrate your graduations in such special ways. Those are wonderful memories you can hang on to for years to come.

Photographer for Jesus said...

It looks like your private ceremony was lots of fun! I enjoyed getting to meet you guys at the HEAV graduation!

In answer to your question, Joanna, my grandparents live in Woodbridge. If your family is only 20 min. from D.C. y'all must be really close! Maybe when we're visiting our grandparents one day we can meet you somewhere?!

Love in Christ,
Kimber Wassenberg